If I Were a Snowman at Night
Posted by April Chan on March 27th 2012
Language Arts Topics: Writing, Listening, Representing
Cross Curricular connections: Visual Art
Objective: Through the use of oil pastels and white glue, students will create a picture of a snowman, and write a statement of what they would do if they were a snowman at night.
- Art: black construction paper, white glue, paint brushes, oil pastels
- LA: story book, journals
Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
- Art: using guided drawing, have students draw snowman on black construction paper with a pencil. Trace over the snowman with white glue and let it dry. Colour with oil pastels.
- LA: Read “Snowmen at Night” and brainstorm ideas of what students would do
- write their ideas in their journals and self-edit (assuming editing has already been taught)
- write out good copy and glue it onto the picture